Our AWANA Club meets on Wednesdays from
6:15 - 8:15pm
What is AWANA?
AWANA is a children's club that is a mix of "Scouts" and "Sunday School". Kids learn biblical truths, memorize scripture, get awards, play games, do activities and have a blast!
The games are particular favorites for the kids. They take place in our gym and involve tons of running and whirling and chasing and laughing. You're child will love them!
We have classes for the following age groups:
Cubbies: Ages 4-5
Cubbies® celebrates the spiritual potential of preschoolers by helping them develop respect for God, His Son and His Word.
Sparks: Kindergarten - 2nd Grade
Sparks® ignites the curiosity of early elementary-age kids to learn about the people and events of the Bible, building a foundation of wisdom for knowing Christ.
T&T: 3rd Grade - 6th Grade
T&T engages third- through sixth-graders by answering their questions about God and the Bible, guiding them through this pivotal life stage to grow in Christ's grace.
How much does it cost?
Scholarships are available
AWANA Wednesday night schedule:
- 6:15 - 6:30 Check in (Children are marked as present and if they have their hard cover book they receive an AWANA dollar for being present, for bringing their book and for wearing their uniform (or the theme night clothing if it is a theme night)). Check in is located in the lobby of the Family Life Center.
- 6:30 - 6:35 Opening (Announcements and prayer)
- 6:35 - 7:05 Sparks - Class time (Reciting and passing off sections) T & T -Gym Time (AWANA games)
- 7:05 - 7:25 Council Time (both clubs Devotional session)
- 7:25 - 8:00 Sparks - Gym time (AWANA Games) T&T - Class time (Reciting and passing off sections)
- 8:00 - 8:15 Closing (Announcements and nightly awards -- Parents are welcome to attend -- please no talking!!!) ***ALL STUDENTS ARE TO BE PICKED UP NO LATER THAN 8:15***---No exceptions
What is the history of AWANA?
For nearly 60 years, AWANA has been a leader in children’s ministry, helping churches and parents worldwide raise children and youth to know, love and serve Christ.
Based in the Chicago area, AWANA is the only organization with fully integrated evangelism and discipleship programs for ages 2 to 18 that actively involve parents, church leaders and mentors. Each week, more than a million children and youth, 250,000 volunteers and 300-plus field staff take part in Awana in over 18,000 churches in the U.S. and internationally. (Learn about the prayer, vision, mission and values of AWANA.)
AWANA works with churches from 100 different denominations. It began as a children’s program at the North Side Gospel Center in Chicago in 1941. Lance Latham, North Side’s senior pastor, collaborated with the church’s youth director, Art Rorheim, to develop weekly clubs that would appeal to churched and unchurched kids, lead them to trust Christ for salvation and grow them in enduring faith and service to God.
Other churches learned about the success of the program and inquired about its availability. In 1950, Latham and Rorheim founded AWANA as a parachurch organization. By 1960, 900 churches had started AWANA programs. By 1972 AWANA had begun its first international club. Today children and youth in more than 100 countries participate in AWANA programs, and millions of adults are alumni. The founders of AWANA derived the AWANA name from the first letters of Approved workmen are not ashamed as taken from 2 Timothy 2:15 of the Bible.
Today, more than 12,000 U.S. churches run AWANA with programs in all 50 states. AWANA can also be found in over 6,000 churches in 109 other countries.